With the hot days hitting Shreveport, the Shreveport Police Department informed the public of the following cooling stations:
• The Highland Center, 520 Olive St., 24 hours (Citizens can use this facility as an overnight shelter. Those that require oxygen can use the Highland Center to exchange oxygen tanks that are running low and/or plug in their oxygen concentrators. Citizens are asked to bring their identification and medications. Shelter is first come, first served.)
• Morning Star Baptist Church Life Center, 5340 Jewella Ave., 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Galilee Family Life Center, 1500 Pierre Ave., 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Summer Grove Elementary School, 2955 W. Bert Kouns Ind. Loop, Shreveport, LA, 10 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Summerfield Elementary Auditorium, 3131 Ardis Taylor Drive, Shreveport, LA, 10 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• A.B. Palmer Park Community Center, 547 E. 79th Street
• Valencia Park Community Center, 1800 Viking Drive
• Southern Hills Park Community Center, 1002 Bert Kouns Loop
• Bill Cockrell Park Community Center, 4109 Pines Road