The Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) Pediatric Amino Acid and Metabolic Formulas Emergency Assistance Fund is a direct financial assistance program that provides one-time grants up to $4,500 to help families with a child that has been impacted by the recent pediatric formula shortages.
Applying is simple and can be done online or by calling the program at (855) 949-3915. We do the rest.
The grant can be used for:
- Medical expenses not covered by any other third party payor
- Meals for parent/guardian during hospital/ER visit/urgent care visit
- Wage loss of parent/guardian due to hospital/ER visit/urgent care visit
- Child/Elder Care required for family members during hospital/ER visit/urgent care visit
- Hotel stay for parent/guardian during hospital stay
Additional details are provided below, and complete program information can be found at https://www.patientadvocate.org/formulaemergencyassistancefund/ . If you’re not certain if you meet program requirements call us so we can better understand your personal situation – we may be able to help you.
To be eligible the patient must:
- have a confirmed diagnosis of an eligible condition that requires the use of amino acid-based or metabolic formula for nutrition
- have had an in-patient hospital stay, emergency room, urgent care, pediatrician, or other medical visit for issues caused by lack of access to amino acid or metabolic based formula, including malnutrition, dehydration and issues caused by formula transitions
- be a legal US resident and reside in the US or US territories
- if patient, or parent/legal guardian is under 18 years old, information will be screened to confirm identify of applicant